Creating and editing surveys
Create a new survey
- Select the Survey link from your course navbar.
- Click the New Survey icon to create a new survey, or select the name of the survey you want to edit from the list.
The Properties tab displays by default when you create or edit a survey.
- Type a Name for your survey.
- If the give instant feedback box is checked, users will receive feedback immediately after answering a question.
- Check the Anonymous option to hide user data in survey results. The responses to survey questions are available for all users, but the system will not report who made what response.
- Enter a text message to be displayed to users at the top of the survey in the Description field.
- Enter text in the Footer Message field that is shown to users at the end of the survey.
- In the Submission Message text box, add a message that is shown to users after survey completion.
- Click Invite Participants to send registered users an email inviting them to take the survey. This email will include a link to the survey.
- Click Save Survey.
Use the Special Access feature to override the availability settings of a survey for specified individuals. You can also use Special Access to restrict a survey only to identified users.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Click Add Special Access.
- If you want to make the survey available to selected users during a special time period, select Assign special access period and enter a Start Date and/or End Date.
- Check the boxes beside the users you want to assign special access to.
- Click Add Selected.
- If you want to limit access to prevent other users from accessing the survey, select restrict to those with special access below.
- Click Save Survey at the top of the page.
© 1999-2010 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.